Monday 11 August 2008

"You're A Bush!"



Last trailer post for a while I promise. It's becoming a future film dump ground around here. A sorry to the faithful for my lack of updates, I had it busy last week - manual labour, and playing with tens-of-thousands of pounds worth of editing equipment knocked me for six. I've got some draft notes kicking about, I'll try and get them up in the next few days. Expect film reviews.

Anyway! Did you know peyote fan Oliver Stone is directing a biopic of George Walker Bush? It was news to me. W. stars James Brolin as the wow faced forty-third US president. Viewed cold the trailer suggest your basic ho-hum 'underdog triumphs!' narrative, with incongruous good ol' boy frat-pack comedy leanings. That is until you get a Coalition administration people montage set to 'What A Wonderful World'. Are the closing shots of Brolin's troubled jog-face meant to evoke Forrest Gump? Heh. The more I see the tease, the more it plays like mocking wink dig at po-faced arch-Christians. Bush is God's appointed man after all.

W. is out mid October, directed by Oliver Stone and co-written by Stone and his Wall Street accomplice Stanley Weiser.

And yeah, that is Mr Fantastic Bland-o Ioan Gruffudd playing Tony Blair.

No comments: